Re: docs: config chapter

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>, pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: docs: config chapter
Date: 2005-09-12 00:12:35
Lists: pgsql-patches
> Neil Conway wrote:
>> Barring any objections, I'd like to apply this later tonight or
>> tomorrow, before the tree drifts.

> We are in beta; the time for major reorganizations has passed.

That would be a valid objection to a code reorganization, but I don't
see that it applies to documentation.  Indeed, personally I tend to
do most of my major editorial work on the docs during beta, because
all the rest of the time I'm too busy hacking code.  I don't really
want a policy that says "you can't work on the docs during beta".

[ Of course this point is independent of the merits, if any, of this
particular proposal. ]