Re: BUG #5417: intarray adds <@ operator which breaks infromation_schema.referential_constraints

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Kenaniah Cerny" <kenaniah(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #5417: intarray adds <@ operator which breaks infromation_schema.referential_constraints
Date: 2010-04-28 21:20:17
Lists: pgsql-bugs

"Kenaniah Cerny" <kenaniah(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
> Attempting to select * from information_schema.referential_constraints when
> the intarray contrib module is loaded on a database produces the following
> result:

>> ERROR: operator is not unique: smallint[] <@ smallint[]
>> LINE 1: select $1 <@ $2 and $2 <@ $1

Thanks for the report. I've applied a patch for this in HEAD. If you
need to make it work in existing releases, try doing

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION information_schema._pg_keysequal(smallint[], smallint[]) RETURNS boolean
LANGUAGE sql IMMUTABLE -- intentionally not STRICT, to allow inlining
AS 'select $1 operator(pg_catalog.<@) $2 and $2 operator(pg_catalog.<@) $1';

as superuser.