Re: PostgreSQL certifications?

From: Rod Taylor <pg(at)rbt(dot)ca>
To: Evan Rempel <erempel(at)uvic(dot)ca>
Cc: Enrico Weigelt <weigelt(at)metux(dot)de>, Postgresql Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL certifications?
Date: 2004-06-03 16:11:17
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-general

> Basically, we already have a whole bunch of databases.
> We already have staff trained and certified on Oracle.
> Our managmenent is already paying heavily for Oracle Licences.

I've been here before. Hire Bruce to go in and give his standard
training presentation and have a Dave Cramer or Josh Berkus onsite for
the following week for hands on assistance.

Nab a support contract from Command Prompt or PGsql Inc. to deal with
ongoing support issues.

There is a ton of commercial software that doesn't offer certs -- just
training so this is often good enough.