Postgresql on a shared storage

From: Vasil Kolev <vasil(at)ludost(dot)net>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: chervarium(at)sigbus(dot)nove(dot)bg
Subject: Postgresql on a shared storage
Date: 2004-05-26 10:08:13
Lists: pgsql-admin
  Hello,

I'm working on a system that has 2 servers with postgresql, and a FC
shared storage between them, where the database is stored. After some
weeks of using google and reading lists, I've come to the conclusion,
that there is no way (using F(L)OSS tools) to use both databases R/W, or
even one of them R/O, and one of the machines has to do all the work,
and the other one to be a hot spare. Am I right, or have I missed
something?

And is there something tested and usable for my case, even if it's
commercial, that will run under linux?

pgsql-admin by date

Next:From: Jim SeymourDate: 2004-05-26 10:48:04