bug report

From: Krzysztof Kajkowski <cayco(at)studencka(dot)pl>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: bug report
Date: 2004-05-11 09:27:47
Lists: pgadmin-support
Hi!

Thanks for making one of the most usable program for PostgreSQL!

I think I've found a bug. Steps to reproduce:

- open program and a connection to remote postgres db (via ssh tunnel
for example)
- click on desired table
- click on SQL console
- in the opened console delete "--" sign before DROP statement. SQL will
look like this (for example):

DROP TABLE public.artykuly;

CREATE TABLE public.artykuly
(
  numer int8,
  autor text,
  podtytul text,
  tytul text
) WITHOUT OIDS;
REVOKE ALL ON TABLE public.artykuly FROM public;
GRANT ALL ON TABLE public.artykuly TO postgres;
GRANT ALL ON TABLE public.artykuly TO cayco;

- run the statement
- if you close the SQL window the program will immediately terminate (in
90% of cases) and throw a memory protection fault.

I attached a valgrind log from the program crash. I don't know what
could be more helpful - feel free to ask me!

cheers

P.S.
11:27 (cayco(at)laptop)~$ apt-cache show pgadmin3
Package: pgadmin3
Section: misc
Installed-Size: 10440
Maintainer: Raphael Enrici <blacknoz(at)club-internet(dot)fr>
Architecture: i386
Version: 1.0.2-4

Debian Sid.

--
Krzysztof Kajkowski    GG: 176706     jabber: cayco(at)chrome(dot)pl
Gazeta Studencka    http://www.studencka.pl/

pgadmin-support by date