Re: Distributions which contain postgresql

From: Jeff Self <jself(at)nngov(dot)com>
To: elein <elein(at)varlena(dot)com>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Distributions which contain postgresql
Date: 2004-05-05 14:15:09
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
On Mon, 2004-05-03 at 18:27, elein wrote:
> I'm looking for a semi-definitive list of
> os distributions which contain postgresql
> by default.
> RedHat, SuSE, Debian and cygwin all seem to have
> it.  Does anyone know of others, if any?
> Thanks,
> elein

PostgreSQL isn't installed on Mac OS X but it can be installed quite
easily using Marc Liyanage's package which can be found here:

PostgreSQL is not included in Mac OS X Server either. But MySQL is
included. This could be a blessing in disguise though. Apple tends to
not update packages between OS releases. It would be wiser to use Marc's
package instead.

Jeff Self
Dept. of Information Technology
City of Newport News