Re: [jforman@tecso.com.br: RES: Database comparison

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: Karsten Hilbert <Karsten(dot)Hilbert(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [jforman@tecso.com.br: RES: Database comparison
Date: 2004-04-27 17:58:15
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Tue, 2004-04-27 at 12:13, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Apr 2004, Robert Treat wrote:
>
> > Send messages to DBA based on Alerts: No. (Similar to cron this is
> > unix functionality that we currently do not duplicate)
>
> Just a side note, but with pgmail and triggers, can't this be done?

I *think* what the above is referring to is something like "if an sql
query tosses an error, email the dba" or "if there is an authentication
failure email the dba". It might also refer to "if we have less than 5%
of disk space left email the DBA". I don't think we can do all of those
things directly inside postgresql, at least not easily (and I would be
willing to except pgmail/triggers as easy since I use them all the time
for other types of alerts) Perhaps someone with more m$ experience can
shed some light?

Robert Treat