pg_clog question.

From: Chris Bowlby <chris(at)pgsql(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)pgsql(dot)com
Subject: pg_clog question.
Date: 2004-04-27 12:26:38
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Hi All,

 I've been noticing that files in the pg_clog directory test to stay
around forever, I know they are used to determine the state of
transaction id's, but according to the docs:

 "(However, the urgency of this concern has decreased greatly with the
adoption of a segmented storage method for pg_clog: it is no longer
necessary to keep old pg_clog entries around forever.)"

 How does one determine which files are no longer neccessary? Is the
system configured to clear out stale ones during startup/shutdown?

--
Chris Bowlby <chris(at)pgsql(dot)com>
PostgreSQL Inc.

Next:From: Rod TaylorDate: 2004-04-27 12:48:22