Re: Wierd context-switching issue on Xeon patch for 7.4.1

From: Dave Cramer <pg(at)fastcrypt(dot)com>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>,Paul Tuckfield <paul(at)tuckfield(dot)com>, Anjan Dave <adave(at)vantage(dot)com>,Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>,Dirk Lutzeb├Ąck <lutzeb(at)aeccom(dot)com>,pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Wierd context-switching issue on Xeon patch for 7.4.1
Date: 2004-04-22 03:18:47
Lists: pgsql-performance
More data....

On a dual xeon with HTT enabled:

I tried increasing the NUM_SPINS to 1000 and it works better.

NUM_SPINLOCKS	CS	ID	pgbench

100		250K	59%	230 TPS
1000		125K	55%	228 TPS

This is certainly heading in the right direction ? Although it looks
like it is highly dependent on the system you are running on.

--dc--

--
Dave Cramer
519 939 0336