Re: How to make Fedora4 build threadsafe?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Matthew England" <mengland(at)mengland(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-ports(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: How to make Fedora4 build threadsafe?
Date: 2006-03-01 15:34:51
Lists: pgsql-ports

Matt England <mengland(at)mengland(dot)net> writes:
> I experienced this error while running this ./configure:
> ./configure --enable-thread-safety --prefix=/cgrid/local/postgresql
> on FedoraCore4:
> checking thread safety of required library functions... no

Hmm, it works fine for me on FC4. I wonder if you are missing the
glibc-devel RPM?

The part of config.log that matters is the part after "checking thread
safety of required library functions", not the part that is checking
to see which thread library you've got. FWIW, the thread library
check goes like this for me:

checking for the pthreads library -lpthreads... no
checking whether pthreads work without any flags... no
checking whether pthreads work with -Kthread... no
checking whether pthreads work with -kthread... no
checking for the pthreads library -llthread... no
checking whether pthreads work with -pthread... yes
checking whether pthreads work with -pthreads... no
checking whether pthreads work with -mthreads... no
checking for the pthreads library -lpthread... yes
checking whether pthreads work with --thread-safe... no
checking whether pthreads work with -mt... no
checking for the pthreads library -lpthreadGC2... no
checking pthread.h usability... yes
checking pthread.h presence... yes
checking for pthread.h... yes