Data entry

From: "Keith C(dot) Perry" <netadmin(at)vcsn(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Data entry
Date: 2004-03-17 18:45:08
Lists: pgadmin-support

I'll apologize now if this has been discussed already but I was wondering if
there was any thoughts on how pgadmin is for data entry.

I have someone who have been using pgadmin3 (one of the snapshots from December
I think) for secure data entry and it has worked wonderfully- its much the only
client that provides a homogenous encrypted native interface to Pg across all
platformss. The one complaint is that you have to double-click on each cell to
enter the data instead of the somewhat (albeit defacto) standard of hitting the
tab key like in a spreadsheet.

For small sets of data the current method is probably fine but from a data entry
point of view, the idea is to NOT have to pick your hands up off of the keyboard.

Again, I'm not sure what the consensus is on pgadmin as a data entry tool so I
would not make "tab key functionality change" feature request but I'm wondering
if this is something that could be user selectable? Perhaps a "Data Entry mode"
in options would be feasible?

Thanks for you time and pgadmin 3.

--
Keith C. Perry, MS E.E.