Re: Website Roundup

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: David Costa <geeks(at)dotgeek(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Website Roundup
Date: 2004-03-16 22:28:03
Lists: pgsql-www

On Tue, 2004-03-16 at 15:14, David Costa wrote:

> On Mar 16, 2004, at 9:08 PM, Gavin M. Roy wrote:
>
> > I've been fairly quietly watching the events of the pgsql-www list,
> > those in the "website team" and those outside of the "team". There
> > are many opinions, many cooks in the kitchen, and little overall
> > progress. As peoples time commitments and abilities vary, what I
> > believe needs to happen, as I've heard others state as well, is we
> > need to have someone step-up and manage the process of getting the
> > series of sites to completion. I'd be happy to take up that role if
> > you all agree to it, or we need to find someone with the time and
> > dedication to make it happen. Alexey and others have come very far,
> > but not far enough, and from my perspective there is no end in site,
> > as there appears to not be any focused group or manager holding the
> > reigns and coordinating development, testing, and implementation.
> >
> > My intention is not to step on any toes here, just to offer my opinion
> > about where the www effort is, and where it's going (or more
> > appropriately not). If everyone's moving in the same direction,
> > we'll no longer be in limbo but working together towards a common
> > goal. If I'm wrong about all this, please let me know.
> >
> > Please let me know what you think, and what we can do as a group and
> > individually to get this done.
> >
> +1 for me
> I did (my little contribution) the pgsql news feed, never implemented
> thou :(((

almost implemented... http://www.postgresql.org/pgnews_rdf.php As I
posted over the weekend (without much feedback) I put the files up, did
some testing, was fairly happy but wanted to change the static url and
see if I could get them to connect via db info in globals.php before
announcing. the second one is really option, i suppose I could leave it
for now, but I do want to get the files generating to news.rss and
events.rss.

> perhaps the gborg feeds are now live...
> ah no :((

http://gborg.postgresql.org/news.rss seems to work for me ??

I have 2 or 3 techdocs updates I need to do first, but if the kids go to
sleep tonight without too much incident I hope to get back on this.

Robert Treat