Re: pgFoundry WAS: On pgweb project

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pgFoundry WAS: On pgweb project
Date: 2004-03-09 21:22:02
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-www

On Tue, 2004-03-09 at 15:03, Josh Berkus wrote:
> Dave,
>
> > Did I miss a thread? I can't find anything about a pgFoundry in my
> > archives. I assume it's Gforge based?
>
> Yes. It's the whole GForge discussion on Hackers.
>
> Hmmmm ... let me apologize for not directly addressing this list about the
> "final plans" for GForge/pgFoundry, and try to remedy the situation now. I
> spent so much time discussing this on Hackers that I failed to notice that
> this list got cut off the CC before we reached a conclusion.
>
> Marc, Chris Ryan, Andrew D. and the Core *have* been in the loop on this.
>
> We've set up a new host, www.pgfoundry.org. This will hold our GForge
> installation, to which we will be migrating GBorg projects as their owners
> are ready to do so. We've already stopped accepting new GBorg projects.
> Migration is painless and almost 100% automatic.
>
> Within 1.5 weeks we should be offficially launching pgFoundry. Among other
> things, at that time we'll be launching a contest to "re-theme" the foundry.
> When portal is done, we can also discuss using some of the headers and
> includes from portal to support site integration.
>
> Anything else you need to know?

Are you planning on running this along with the current website projects
(www/techdocs/etc...) or will this be independent? ie. There was
previous discussion of a projects.postgresql.net domain to be used for
this, is that deprecated? Also for theming, shouldn't it use the main
postgresql.org css ?

Robert Treat