Re: Update on 'portal' changes

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: Alexey Borzov <borz_off(at)cs(dot)msu(dot)su>
Cc: Dave Page <dpage(at)vale-housing(dot)co(dot)uk>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Update on 'portal' changes
Date: 2004-03-08 22:09:41
Lists: pgsql-www
On Mon, 2004-03-08 at 12:33, Alexey Borzov wrote:
> Hi!

> >>Can CVS write access be given for this module only?
> >
> > No, unfortunately not.
>
> ::sigh::
> Then this does not sound like "enough segregation".
>
> What exactly are the reasons against the new project?

In the past website development has been segregated and because of that
interaction between the various groups has suffered. (Kind of like how
everyone complains that all of the sites look different and things like
that) The hope is that by uniting them under one project we can get some
coordination working between the folks involved at each site, and even
better would be to have everyone involved to actually contribute to each
site. (A good example right now is I have 4 or 5 minor changes I need to
make on techdocs that I just haven't had time to do)

As a side note, I wouldn't necessarily be opposed to giving you (Alexy)
cvs commit privileges except that you have a tendency to fly off the
handle that makes me a little bit nervous...

Robert Treat