Bogus cleanup code in GSSAPI/SSPI patch

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Bogus cleanup code in GSSAPI/SSPI patch
Date: 2008-01-29 02:11:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Hi Magnus,
  Would you take a look at the patch I just committed in fe-connect.c?

I found out today that PQreset() wasn't working on a GSSAPI connection,
because closePGconn hadn't been patched to clear out the GSSAPI state
(resulting in "duplicate GSS authentication request" failure).  I think
I fixed that but it wouldn't be bad for someone who knows that code
better to double-check.  Also, I can't test the ENABLE_SSPI case,
so that needs to be looked at.

The test case I've been using is to "select 1;" in psql, then kill -9
the backend from another window, then "select 1;" again.  psql should
recover and reconnect successfully.

Next:From: Hitoshi HaradaDate: 2008-01-29 02:39:23