Re: Updated Status (1/23/04) OSCON plans

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>,Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Updated Status (1/23/04) OSCON plans
Date: 2004-02-06 21:58:42
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
On Fri, 2004-02-06 at 15:34, Andrew Sullivan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Fri, Jan 23, 2004 at 12:39:37PM -0800, elein wrote:
> > Booth
>
> Assuming at least one of my proposals is accepted, or my employer
> wants to send me anyway, I can volunteer for this as well.
>
> >     * Andrew Sullivan -- (1/2 day?) Erserver Replication
>
> I submitted this, _and_ a version of it as a conference session as an
> alternative, depending on what the OSCON folks actually want.  The
> only difference to me is the detail into which I'll go.

I've been waffling on this same issue actually. One of the presentations
is going to be a "using advanced database features to reduce application
re-coding".  It will mainly deal with views and stored procedures as a
talk, but I could go into more detail if they want a full blown
tutorial. Is there any reason not to submit it both ways and let them
pick which one they prefer? assuming they prefer either ;-)

Robert Treat