Re: nevermind...

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: John BEPPU <beppu(at)lineo(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: nevermind...
Date: 2000-07-14 15:09:43
Lists: pgsql-sql

John BEPPU <beppu(at)lineo(dot)com> writes:
> Nevermind my last post. I'm still confused, but for
> different reasons. I'm on my friends box, and I have
> screen running. In one tty, creating tables with the
> serial type works, but in the other tty, it fails.

Same comment as I was about to make for your other message: "it fails"
is hardly an adequate description, especially for such a peculiar
behavior as this. What error message do you get, *exactly*?
If there's a crash, what shows up in the postmaster log, and can you get
a backtrace from the core dump?

BTW, is it possible that your two windows are talking to two different
Postgres installations? A sufficiently old Postgres wouldn't have
SERIAL, I think.