Re: Where is initdb?

From: Martín Marqués <martin(at)bugs(dot)unl(dot)edu(dot)ar>
To: Jeremiah Jahn <jeremiah(at)cs(dot)earlham(dot)edu>
Cc: postgres list <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Where is initdb?
Date: 2004-01-26 19:51:49
Lists: pgsql-general
Mensaje citado por Jeremiah Jahn <jeremiah(at)cs(dot)earlham(dot)edu>:

> although it will be taken care of, make sure that initdb sets the local
> language to C or your string indexes will not be used.. Unless this has
> been fixed and en_US works as as well?

I think that if you really need very fast indexes, the first thing to do is read
the instalation manual and configure very carefully the postgres acount
(envioronment variables, etc).

select 'mmarques' || '@' || '' AS email;
Martín Marqués          |   Programador, DBA
Centro de Telemática	|     Administrador
               Universidad Nacional
                    del Litoral