Re: shebang for tcl postgresql modules

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Jozef Mlich <jmlich(at)redhat(dot)com>
Subject: Re: shebang for tcl postgresql modules
Date: 2015-03-12 13:57:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Jozef Mlich <jmlich(at)redhat(dot)com> writes:
> I would like to ask you if is there any reason to pretend tcl scripts
> are shell scripts?

That is the time-honored standard formatting for tcl scripts, see for
example page 2 here:
http://www.tcl.tk/doc/styleGuide.pdf

While we might get away with ignoring that convention for this specific
use-case, it carries a risk of breaking things, eg for people who have
multiple Tcl installations. I'm disinclined to change it, especially
not if the reason is "rpmdiff is too dumb to recognize tcl scripts".
Somebody's gonna need to fix that anyway.