problem with ipc-daemon2 start as a service

From: "jean-philippe jacoupy " <jp(dot)jacoupy(at)caramail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: problem with ipc-daemon2 start as a service
Date: 2004-01-21 15:35:32
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

Hi,

I've build from sources postgresql 7.4.1 with the same ./configure command as described in this guide:

http://www.tishler.net/jason/software/postgresql/postgresql-7.4.1.README

This is what I get whenever I try to launch ipc-daemon2:

cray(at)lavieenrose ~
$ cygrunsrv -S ipc-daemon2
cygrunsrv: Error starting a service: QueryServiceStatus: Win32 error 1062:

I have already tryed to do the chmod thing, changed nothing.
Also I don't have any logs in /var/log/

But if I don't use ipc-daemon2 as a service then when I run step 8 I get this:
<log>

postgres(at)lavieenrose /usr/share/postgresql
$ initdb -D ./data/
The files belonging to this database system will be owned by user "postgres".

The database cluster will be initialized with locale C.

fixing permissions on existing directory ./data/... ok
creating directory ./data//base... ok
creating directory ./data//global... ok
creating directory ./data//pg_xlog... ok
creating directory ./data//pg_clog... ok
selecting default max_connections... 10
selecting default shared_buffers... 50
creating configuration files... ok
creating template1 database in ./data//base/1... FATAL: could not create shared
memory segment: Not enough core
DETAIL: Failed system call was shmget(key=1, size=1081344, 03600).
HINT: This error usually means that PostgreSQL's request for a shared memory se
gment exceeded available memory or swap space. To reduce the request size (curre
ntly 1081344 bytes), reduce PostgreSQL's shared_buffers parameter (currently 50)
and/or its max_connections parameter (currently 10).
The PostgreSQL documentation contains more information about shared memo
ry configuration.

initdb: failed
</log>

Running system:
Windows XP Pro SP 1

cygcheck:
cray(at)lavieenrose ~
$ cygcheck -c cygwin cygipc postgresql
Cygwin Package Information
Package Version Status
cygipc 2.02-1 OK
cygwin 1.5.6-1 OK

E-mail, Dialogue en direct et SMS gratuits sur minitel : 3615 CARAMAIL