Incremental Backup (Was: And ppl complain about *our* beta cycles ...)

From: Martin Marques <martin(at)bugs(dot)unl(dot)edu(dot)ar>
To: David Garamond <lists(at)zara(dot)6(dot)isreserved(dot)com>
Cc: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Incremental Backup (Was: And ppl complain about *our* beta cycles ...)
Date: 2004-01-17 13:26:29
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Mensaje citado por David Garamond <lists(at)zara(dot)6(dot)isreserved(dot)com>:

> Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> >>From the Firebird FAQ:
> >
> > "The first beta was released on January 29, 2003. We are hoping to be
> > close to a full release some time around Easter 2003."
> >
> > They are at RC8 right now ... running a *wee* bit behind scheduale :)
>
> Yes, they're pretty late. Last time I read, the only major issues
> preventing their final release is around the installer. The 1.5 codebase
> itself has been stabilized for quite a while. Practically all work is
> now done to the 2.0 branch/HEAD. They have several goodies in store for
> the 2.0 release (e.g.: incremental backup).

Anyone working on incremental backups for PostgreSQL? I kind of miss them from my
Informix times (hey, I think it's the only thing I really miss :-) ).

Maybe when PITR is ready, making incremental backups will be trivial.

--
select 'mmarques' || '@' || 'unl.edu.ar' AS email;
Martín Marqués | Programador, DBA