Re: attempt on website changes

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: aspire420(at)hotpop(dot)com
Cc: Alexey Borzov <borz_off(at)cs(dot)msu(dot)su>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: attempt on website changes
Date: 2004-01-13 16:32:46
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Tue, 2004-01-13 at 11:08, Sai Hertz And Control Systems wrote:
> Dear Alexey Borzov
>

> > I tried subscribing to pgsql-www and now am waiting for the approval.
> > Judging by the speed at which the website is
>
> I am also waiting for the approval
>
> > The result is available here:
> > http://oc.cs.msu.su/stuff/PostgreSQL.html
>
> Good now one can read the navigation bar in big letters
> How about a DHTML code for the menu with a drop down effect this way
> we would be able to add more in less space
> I am working on the dropdown menu and mail to this list very soon hope
> you will like it.

You are both putting the cart before the horse. Go read the archives and
you'll find that we already have several new design floating around for
the site.... The primary goal of the site right now is to get Andreas
translation code working so we can start using that, then implement a
new design that works with that. At a minimum before any significant
redesign we need to modify the existing pages to work from central
defined layout functions rather than using hardcoded html like so many
of the pages do now. (Incidentally I did start coding this up awhile
back, but did not implement it due to the groups desire to get Andreas
code done).

Also this conversation is fairly off-topic for this group, and more
importantly having the discussion here excludes several people who
should be included in it.

Robert Treat