Copying rows between tables?

From: Steve Wampler <swampler(at)noao(dot)edu>
To: Postgres-SQL <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Copying rows between tables?
Date: 2004-01-13 16:23:48
Lists: pgsql-sql
I know I can select from one table into a new table, but is
there a way to select from one table into an existing table
(aside from copying everything to a file, editing the file
and then copying from that file)?  Without destroying existing
entries, of course...

I have an application where old records are archived into
'archive' tables.  Occasionally there is a need to copy
some of these old records into the 'active' table.

Thanks for any pointers!
Steve
--
Steve Wampler -- swampler(at)noao(dot)edu

pgsql-sql by date

Next:From: Viorel DragomirDate: 2004-01-13 16:30:47