Re: trouble with pgaccess

From: Oliver Elphick <olly(at)lfix(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: davadie philippe <davadie(dot)philippe(at)free(dot)fr>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: trouble with pgaccess
Date: 2003-12-30 01:11:30
Lists: pgsql-interfaces
On Mon, 2003-12-29 at 22:19, davadie philippe wrote:
> 		Hi everybody !
>
> 	Excuse my poor english, since I'm french, and the dummy question I will
> ask, since I'm new using pgaccess and postgresql.
> 	I have successfully installed pgaccess, but when I try to connect to
> the databses I have created, I get the message :
>
> 	Error trying to connect to database 'garde' on host
> 	PostgreSQL error message : Connection to database failed
> 	FATAL : IDENT authentication failed for user "philippe"
>
> 	User philippe has been created by superuser postgres and is granted for
> this database.

Access control is governed by the file $PGDATA/pg_hba.conf.  The
relevant line in that file is specifying "ident sameuser"
authentication, which means that it expects the postgresql user to have
the same name as the unix user; if your unix login were "philippe" it
would work.

Create a postgresql user with the same name as your login and try again.

--
Oliver Elphick                                Oliver(dot)Elphick(at)lfix(dot)co(dot)uk
     "Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would