Re: trouble with pgaccess

From: Oliver Elphick <olly(at)lfix(dot)co(dot)uk>
To: davadie philippe <davadie(dot)philippe(at)free(dot)fr>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: trouble with pgaccess
Date: 2003-12-30 01:11:30
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

On Mon, 2003-12-29 at 22:19, davadie philippe wrote:
> Hi everybody !
>
> Excuse my poor english, since I'm french, and the dummy question I will
> ask, since I'm new using pgaccess and postgresql.
> I have successfully installed pgaccess, but when I try to connect to
> the databses I have created, I get the message :
>
> Error trying to connect to database 'garde' on host
> PostgreSQL error message : Connection to database failed
> FATAL : IDENT authentication failed for user "philippe"
>
> User philippe has been created by superuser postgres and is granted for
> this database.

Access control is governed by the file $PGDATA/pg_hba.conf. The
relevant line in that file is specifying "ident sameuser"
authentication, which means that it expects the postgresql user to have
the same name as the unix user; if your unix login were "philippe" it
would work.

Create a postgresql user with the same name as your login and try again.

--
Oliver Elphick Oliver(dot)Elphick(at)lfix(dot)co(dot)uk
Isle of Wight, UK http://www.lfix.co.uk/oliver