CREATE FUNCTION reference page's Notes section is getting out of hand

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: CREATE FUNCTION reference page's Notes section is getting out of hand
Date: 2010-02-14 00:56:19
Lists: pgsql-docs
I observe that the Notes section here
http://developer.postgresql.org/pgdocs/postgres/sql-createfunction.html
has turned into a disorganized laundry list of unrelated items,
ranging from quite-subtle issues to barely-useful-even-to-novices
advice (do we really need "Use DROP FUNCTION to remove user-defined
functions" here?  Especially given the See Also link later on?).

I don't have an immediate proposal what to do about it, but it seems
like it could use some effort.  Any thoughts?

pgsql-docs by date

Next:From: Josh BerkusDate: 2010-02-14 17:35:41