Slow Search

From: Jeff Davis <jdavis-pgsql(at)empires(dot)org>
To: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Slow Search
Date: 2003-12-26 21:50:42
Lists: pgsql-docs
I've noticed that the search function on the docs page appears to be
quite slow. Is the problem one of server load, or where does it lie? Is
it using postgresql and tsearch2? Is there something I can do to help?

I'm concerned that people looking at the database could be getting a bad
impression.

As a separate issue, I was trying to use the search to find information
about "table functions" (functions that return a setof, I'm not sure the
terms that the developers use). I usually fund it eventually, but for
some reason information about that seems to be hidden to me. Would it be
helpful to other people if I included it as a separate heading for
pl/pgsql in the sgml docs?

	Regards,
		Jeff

pgsql-docs by date

Next:From: Ian BarwickDate: 2004-01-02 07:07:01