V 1.0.2 (Windows) multi-value Database Variables not handled correctly

From: Ezra Epstein <sf-lists(at)prajnait(dot)com>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: V 1.0.2 (Windows) multi-value Database Variables not handled correctly
Date: 2003-12-26 09:06:18
Lists: pgadmin-support
Hi,

   I'm using the latest release (1.0.2) on Windows (XP).

   There appears to be a bug handling multi-value database variables.
I've changed the default search_path for a db via:
     ALTER DATABASE "MyDB" SET search_path TO schema1,schema2,schema3;

To view this in pgAdmin III, I right-click on the DB in the left-hand
tree view, click the "Variables" tab on the pop-up window and see 3
rows like so:
      Variable        | Value
      ================|===============
      "search_path    | schema1
      schema2         |
      schema3"        |

Which is not very promising.  Worse, closing this popup and going back
to the main window, selecting the "Properties" tab in the bottom right-
hand side of the window (it is selected by default) I see the
following for the creation script:

      CREATE DATABASE "MyDB"
        WITH ENCODING = 'SQL_ASCII';
      ALTER DATABASE "PublishWorks" SET "search_path=schema1,;
      ALTER DATABASE "PublishWorks" SET schema2,;
      ALTER DATABASE "PublishWorks" SET schema3";

I haven't tried it, but I don't think that'll even make it past the
parser.  Of course Users also support having properties set, so I went
ahead and tested this.  pgAdmin III has the same problem. Could this
be a general problem with mis-handling configuration parameters that
accept multiple values?

Hope this report helps further improve an (otherwise) excellent tool.

== Ezra Epstein

pgadmin-support by date

Next:From: Rajesh SharmaDate: 2003-12-27 12:08:00
Previous:From: Tyler MitchellDate: 2003-12-24 17:08:06
Subject: Plugins available for pgadmin3?