Re: Batch Definitions - Need Help

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Michael Avila" <mavila(at)mich(dot)com>
Cc: "Pgsql-Novice" <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>,KeithW(at)NarrowPathInc(dot)com
Subject: Re: Batch Definitions - Need Help
Date: 2005-06-14 00:45:51
Lists: pgsql-novice
"Michael Avila" <mavila(at)mich(dot)com> writes:
> Oppps! I forgot only one word in my description - BATCH. Apologies. Makes a
> BIG difference.

> I want to load table definitions and insert data from a batch file. The
> batch file was created from a MySQL database so I know I will have to make
> some changes.

Either
psql mydb <batchfile
or
psql -f batchfile mydb

... edit out MySQL-isms, lather rinse repeat ...

I don't know exactly what a MySQL batch file looks like, in particular
whether they do anything nonstandard for bulk data load.  To the extent
that the file contains reasonably-standard SQL commands, though, it
should work.