Re: Interactive querys

From: <ripley(at)gazeta(dot)pl>
To: "ngelo Marcos Rigo" <angelo_rigo(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)br>
Cc: pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Interactive querys
Date: 2003-12-22 10:46:45
Lists: pgsql-php
------ Wiadomość oryginalna ------

Od:    Ângelo Marcos Rigo <angelo_rigo(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)br>

Data:  2003-12-15 14:23

Temat: Re: [PHP] Interactive querys

:-> Using two textareas side by side, with the query

:-> options coming from the left?

:->

:-> =====

:-> Ângelo Marcos Rigo

Hi Angelo

It's possible to write it using only PHP

1. First - you have to put on the web-form all the fields, that user
will use to customer his query - like:

 - checkboxes - whose correspond to columns, wich user want to put
in a query

 - text fields - where user can enter the expression used to "where"
condition

 - lists fields - which for egzample includes positions "asceding",
"descending"

 - some "hidden" fields, that will provide some addtitional
information to the script.php which will build the query

- in the tag < form action="..." > use the method=post

//I always name this fileds using full name of column + some keyword
- it helps ;)//

2. Second - you have only to build your query string - using
conditions "if..." :

start with:

$query_str = "select ";

if ($_POST["id_chbox"] = 1)

     $query_str += $_POST["id_chbox"];

if ($_POST["name_chbox"] = 1)

       $query_str += ", ".$_POST["id_name"];

and so on

You can also try to make this script "universal" by using iterations
through $_POST variables - its possible to write something like

for ($n=0; n < ...;$n++)

   {

   $_POST[$cols[$n]."_chbox"]............

   }

The only minus of this method is that it can take some time :)

I hope it helps

Asia Sledzik

//sory for readers for this additional enters beetween every, but my
e-mail server put them all and I can't help for it//

Gotowy do drogi? Swiateczny Kalendarz SAS zaprasza!
Przez 24 dni oferujemy 24 oferty specjalne do Europy i USA.
Tylko na stronie http://www.scandinavian.net/ (wybierz Polske)