7.1.3 ecpg answered BUT...

From: Lynn(dot)Tilby(at)asu(dot)edu
To: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: ltilby(at)asu(dot)edu
Subject: 7.1.3 ecpg answered BUT...
Date: 2003-12-19 16:58:05
Lists: pgsql-bugs pgsql-general

In more research in this problem I found that if the
EXEC SQL OPEN cursor; command was not present that
ecpg would just comment out the cusrsor declare statements.

Might I make a suggestion that the software designers
make a rule to give some kind of notice at compile time
(rather than only an error upon execution, which takes
up a lot of peoples time ;) when situations like this
are present. If this problem has already been resolved
in subsequent versions GREAT! If not please pass along
this suggestion to the appropriate people.

Thanks again for your time and help!
Lynn