Re: initdb problem

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Joe Barwell <jbar(at)es(dot)co(dot)nz>, pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: initdb problem
Date: 2007-06-22 02:16:23
Lists: pgsql-admin

> Doesn't MacOSX install postgresql by default for one of their management
> services?

Good point --- IIRC, there is a PG 7.3.something embedded in Apple
Remote Desktop. I'm not sure whether it starts automatically on boot;
I seem to recall a recent thread suggesting that you had to actually
do something with ARD to cause it to launch. Still, that could be
happening on Joe's machine. Another reason to dig through ps auxww
output ...