PGAdmin III

From: "David S(dot) Moore" <davidseldonmoore(at)comcast(dot)net>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: PGAdmin III
Date: 2003-11-30 22:55:44
Lists: pgadmin-support

Whenever I try to use PGAdmin III to connect to my PostGreSQL 7.4
database, I get "Connection Refused". Here's the exact error from my
pgadmin.log file:

2003-11-30 14:35:45 ERROR : Error connecting to the server: could not
connect to server: Connection refused
Is the server running on host 127.0.0.1 and accepting
TCP/IP connections on port 5432?

In my pg_hba.conf file I have:

# TYPE DATABASE USER IP-ADDRESS IP-MASK METHOD
local all all trust
host all all 127.0.0.1 255.255.255.255 trust

In my postgresql.conf file I have:

tcpip_socket = true

I have built PostGreSQL with the default port and with TCL support, then
I installed TCL using createlang.

The database that I wish to access is on my local machine. I am able to
connect to the database through psql without problem. I have written
many SQL scripts to create tables, foreign keys, and stored procedures,
and to insert new rows. I have written C++ programs that are able to
modify the database using the pqxx class library without problem.

What more do I need to do to get PGAdmin III to recognize my database?