Re: duplicate primary key entries?

From: Baldur Norddahl <bbn-pgsql(dot)general(at)clansoft(dot)dk>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)dcc(dot)uchile(dot)cl>
Cc: Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog(at)svana(dot)org>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: duplicate primary key entries?
Date: 2003-11-25 14:05:16
Lists: pgsql-general

Quoting Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)dcc(dot)uchile(dot)cl>:

> On Tue, Nov 25, 2003 at 01:02:37PM +0100, Baldur Norddahl wrote:
>
> > No, there can be no space after 'any' because the foreign key prevents it
> (which
> > you of course could not check since I didn't show the content of the
> foreign
> > table).
>
> Huh ... has the table any inherited tables?

No, but I did play a little with inheritance a few months ago until I discovered
that it didn't play well with my use of foreign keys.

When I said that the "locale" column could not contain the value "any ", I was
refering to the foreign key to the table "languages". Since there is no "any "
(with a space) in that table, this could not happen.

Baldur