Re: 7.4 not yet covered on /.

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)dcc(dot)uchile(dot)cl>
Cc: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)postgresql(dot)org>,Shridhar Daithankar <shridhar_daithankar(at)myrealbox(dot)com>,PostgreSQL Advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: 7.4 not yet covered on /.
Date: 2003-11-18 14:55:38
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
On Tue, 2003-11-18 at 09:36, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 18, 2003 at 10:08:58AM -0400, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> >
> > I submit'd it, and it got rejected ...
>
> Submit a note to other site saying that Slashdot rejects news about
> PostgreSQL :-)

Yeah really... that seems like almost enough of a nugget for a news item
itself...  "slashdot rejects announcement of a major release of a major
open source software project"... an insider for the venerable news site
who spoke on the condition of anonymity said "every time we put up a
postgresql news item, the flame wars that erupt from the other open
source databases completely overload our message boards. as long as we
keep running on mysql, we just can't afford to give postgresql any press
coverage"...

:-)

Robert Treat