Re: Magic Blocks

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Magic Blocks
Date: 2008-01-24 15:34:00
Lists: pgsql-docs
> It's a stupid mistake, but aren't most bugs, in hindsight? That's no
> reason to leave it undocumented.

No, but documentation bloat is.  If this were the tenth report of the
same mistake I'd be the first to agree that it was worth a paragraph.
But we have only *one* report.  Furthermore, there is no reason to think
that the symptoms are consistent across platforms or PG versions, so
I don't even know what the paragraph should say.