Re: [PERFORM] OFFTOPIC: PostgreSQL vs MySQL

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: nickf(at)ontko(dot)com
Cc: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: [PERFORM] OFFTOPIC: PostgreSQL vs MySQL
Date: 2003-10-09 19:06:05
Lists: pgsql-advocacy pgsql-performance

On Thu, 2003-10-09 at 14:14, Nick Fankhauser wrote:
> > Have you checked these pages? They've been posted on this list numerous
> > times:
> > http://techdocs.postgresql.org
> > http://www.varlena.com/varlena/GeneralBits/Tidbits/perf.html
> > http://www.varlena.com/varlena/GeneralBits/Tidbits/annotated_conf_e.html
> >

> Josh- It would be great to have a link to those last two excellent resources
> from the techdocs area- perhaps from the "optimizing" section in
> http://techdocs.postgresql.org/oresources.php. Who should we suggest this
> to? (I submitted these using the form in that area, but you may have better
> connections.)

Unfortunately techdocs is becoming more and more a bastard child since
no one can seem to agree on and actually implement a solution to it's
current woes. I've (quietly) complained about new articles getting
written by the community and posted to sites other than techdocs since I
think it makes it harder for folks to find useful information...

Robert Treat