Re: pgsql in Portugal

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Luis Forte <luis(dot)forte(at)mac(dot)com>, PostgreSQL advocacy <pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: pgsql in Portugal
Date: 2003-09-25 12:53:33
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Wed, 2003-09-24 at 22:07, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Luis Forte wrote:
> > hi Bruce
> >
> > My name is Luis Forte, live in Lisbon, Portugal, and work at PTelecom,
> > a telecom operator in this country (the largest operator, but that's
> > just a minor fact).
> > I'm the technical manager at one of our call-centers. We operate with
> > Oracle, though at least one of the components of the Telecom Inteligent
> > Network (IN) use Postgres.
> > Out of job I work with, and prefer, Postgres. Some years ago I used
> > Mysql, but Postgres maturity fascinated me two years ago: I've been
> > using it, and love it.
> > I'd like to help:
> > by marketing the software, translating if necessary or any other kind
> > of support.
> > I'll be pleased to help !
>
> We have a documentation mailing list, and I think we have some Portugese
> support material. I think it is listed on the web site.
>
> I will CC this message to our advocacy list in case they have some
> ideas.

Can we coordinate a case study of how and why PTelecom uses postgresql,
especially contrasted with it's use of oracle?

If you'd like to do some legwork, the standard things to translate
include back end files, FAQ, and advocacy website. I think those might
all be covered but if you find one that isn't or needs updating then
please jump in. After that I usually suggest helping translate pgAdmin
and phpPgAdmin, though I think they both might already have Portuguese
covered.

Robert Treat