Re: Regression test for stats collector

From: Neil Conway <neilc(at)samurai(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Manfred Koizar <mkoi-pg(at)aon(dot)at>, PostgreSQL Patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Regression test for stats collector
Date: 2003-09-12 03:00:22
Lists: pgsql-patches

On Thu, 2003-09-11 at 11:58, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Uh, how do you force the stats collector to 'on' before the test is
> run?

The stats collector is on by default (of course, that doesn't apply to
"make installcheck"...)

But this reminds me: I think it would be cool to extend the language we
use for writing regression tests to be more than mere SQL. We could do
with boolean expressions ("IF stats_collector_is_on THEN run_test ELSE
skip_test"), better control over parallel regression tests ("Run all
possible interleavings of tests X, Y, and Z"; "Run X and Y
simultaneously"; etc.), and more.

-Neil