stored procedure calling problem: cursor "c_get_resources" does not exist

From: Imre Fazekas <Fazekas(at)ygomi(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: stored procedure calling problem: cursor "c_get_resources" does not exist
Date: 2010-02-10 14:26:19
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Dear All,

Let me share the following stored procedure:
CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION pdp.get_endpoints() RETURNS refcursor AS $$
DECLARE
c_get_resources CURSOR (ep_id text) IS
SELECT endpoint_resource.resource, endpoint_resource.sequence_index, endpoint.id, endpoint.protocol, endpoint.purpose from pdp.endpoint, pdp.endpoint_resource where endpoint.id = ep_id AND endpoint_resource.endpoint_id = endpoint.id ORDER BY endpoint_resource.sequence_index;

BEGIN

open c_get_resources( 'nform' );

RETURN c_get_resources;
END; $$ LANGUAGE 'plpgsql';
ALTER FUNCTION pdp.get_endpoints(text, text, text) OWNER TO eva;

The pgadmin accept it, i can call it using this:
SELECT pdp.get_endpoints() As Answer;
Works well.

By trying to call it using jdbc:
CallableStatement cs = db.prepareCall( "{ ? = call pdp.get_endpoints(?, ?, ?) }" );
cs.registerOutParameter(1, Types.OTHER);
cs.execute();
ResultSet rs = (ResultSet)cs.getObject(1);

I receive this:
ERROR: cursor "c_get_resources" does not exist

Does anyone an idea how can i make it work? I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Imre