Re: Need CDs, Brochures, Swag for Comdex

From: Markus Bertheau <twanger(at)bluetwanger(dot)de>
To: josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Need CDs, Brochures, Swag for Comdex
Date: 2003-09-04 22:57:45
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

В Птн, 05.09.2003, в 00:28, Markus Bertheau пишет:
> В Чтв, 04.09.2003, в 22:36, Josh Berkus пишет:
> > Folks,
> >
> > We're going to need some things for Comdex:
> >
> > 1) CDs: I would like to have a "PostgreSQL CD" which would include
> > installation scripts and source for (maybe betas of the below):
> > PostgreSQL 7.4
> > PGAdmin III
> > PhpPgAdmin 3.0
> > eRServer
> > Supplimentary documentation (stuff from Techdocs and General Bits).
>
> I'm trying to put an ISO Image together.

Ok. I'm not sure how to handle techdocs stuff. I can surely mirror the
website with wget and put that on the CD. But then I'm asking, why can't
people just surf the internet themselves? Which brings me to the
question, why do we need that CD? Of what use should it be to the user?
When I know the answer to that question, I can sensibly decide if and
how to put techdocs on the CD.

Thanks, Markus

The contents so far:

[bert(at)severn bert]$ ls -1 PostgreSQLCD/
Documentation
erserver_v1.2.tar.gz
pgadmin3-0.9.2.tar.gz
phpPgAdmin-3.0.1.tar.gz
postgresql-7.3.4.tar.gz
postgresql-7.4beta2.tar.gz

Documentation holds the html documentation of
postgresql-docs-7.4beta2.tar.bz2.

--
Markus Bertheau <twanger(at)bluetwanger(dot)de>
Berlin, Germany

The fact that the much of computer world equates simple with dumb and
complex with powerful is an unfortunate accident of history. (Erik)