Re: The results of my PostgreSQL/filesystem performance tests

From: Rod Taylor <rbt(at)rbt(dot)ca>
To: Bill Moran <wmoran(at)potentialtech(dot)com>
Cc: Postgresql Performance <pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: The results of my PostgreSQL/filesystem performance tests
Date: 2003-08-28 13:44:18
Lists: pgsql-performance

Couple of questions:

What was the postgresql.conf configuration used? Default?

How many threads of the script ran? Looks like a single user only.

I assume there was nothing else running at the time (cron, sendmail,
etc. were all off?)

Do you know whether the machines were disk or I/O bound?

Was PostgreSQL compiled the same for each OS or did you use the rpm,
deb, tgz that were available?