Savepoints in ODBC driver

From: Rainer Bauer <usenet(at)munnin(dot)com>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Savepoints in ODBC driver
Date: 2009-08-09 20:38:48
Lists: pgsql-odbc
Hello,

while checking some performance bottlenecks I realized that the ODBC
driver is creating/deleting a savepoint for *every* command send to
the server.

Grep for SC_start_rbpoint and SC_started_rbpoint to see what I mean.
This does require 3 roundtrips to the server (instead of one) and some
additional processing time for the backend to create/delete the
savepoint every time.

What's the rational behind this? And can this be turned off somewhere?

Rainer

pgsql-odbc by date

Next:From: Albe LaurenzDate: 2009-08-10 06:09:19