Re: Database Grants Bug

From: "Marcus England" <Marcus(dot)England(at)noaa(dot)gov>
To: Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Database Grants Bug
Date: 2003-08-18 14:31:58
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Thank you Joe.

IMHO, this is confusing and limiting for Administrators who wish to
grant privileges beyond CREATE, TEMPORARY, and TEMP across all tables in
a database. Something I believe most, if not all other DBMS's do. "ALL"
isn't very consistent.

Reading the comments in the documentation, apparently I'm not the only
one who's confused about ALL.

Please correct me if I'm missing something here.

Marcus