Re: Draft #6: Semi-Final

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
Cc: Anastasios Hatzis <ahatzis(at)ithcorp(dot)com>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Draft #6: Semi-Final
Date: 2003-08-13 17:35:21
Lists: pgsql-advocacy

On Wed, 2003-08-13 at 13:11, Josh Berkus wrote:
> > By the way: should there be an online version of the German press
> > releases and where to put it? It wouldn't be a problem to put it at a
> > seperate area on www.go-gen.com, but I would prefer something official
> > and in corporate design like www.postgresql.com
>
> If somebody designs it, I think we can put it up at advocacy.postgresql.org.
> Robert?

There will be one on the advocacy site. We put up the major releases
there for each of the translations that we have. You can check out
7.3.0's release on the site if you wish.

> > > CONTACT: press(at)postgresql(dot)org
> > >
> > > PANAMA CITY, PANAMA: SEPTEMBER 1, 2003
> > > FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
> >
> > Though Panama City would be an eye catcher, for German market I
> > recommend a city better known for IT, maybe an US city, or Berlin instead.
>
> Hmmm ... well, the point we're trying to make is that it's an international
> project. If we could leave off the city entirely, we would but the AP will
> just make up a city in that case.
>
> Panama City is where our servers are currently hosted, so it's as good a
> location as any. I particularly don't want to use Toronto again because the
> press have gotten the idea that PostgreSQL is a "Canadian" project.

Hmm... be affiliated with a third world country not known for anything
technology related or canada... panama city it is! :-)

Robert Treat