Re: PostGre and Windows XP

From: "Jason Sheets" <jsheets(at)idahoimageworks(dot)com>
To: "Darko Prenosil" <Darko(dot)Prenosil(at)finteh(dot)hr>
Cc: "Giselle Dazzi" <giselle(dot)dazzi(at)uol(dot)com(dot)br>, pgsql-hackers-win32(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: PostGre and Windows XP
Date: 2004-07-12 21:21:47
Lists: pgsql-hackers-win32

While it is not yet beta the 7.5 snapshots have been pretty stable for me
for the last couple months. I wouldn't use it for production but I've been
doing development work with it on XP for the past 2 months or so with very
little problems.

You can find out more information along with a link to binary snapshots
at: http://momjian.postgresql.org/main/writings/pgsql/project/win32.html

Cygwin also works well for development but I prefer the native binaries.

YMMV, if you aren't comfortable working with unreleased software I'd go
the cygwin route and use 7.4.x, there are instructions available.

If you do use the snapshots make sure you do a pg_dump before updating
PostgreSQL as an initdb may be required.

Jason