Re: translate referential integrity violation

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: fabricio <fabricio(at)icolony(dot)com(dot)br>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: translate referential integrity violation
Date: 2003-07-29 19:21:17
Lists: pgsql-admin
On Mon, 2003-07-28 at 15:41, fabricio wrote:
> Hello,
> I would like to know how can I change the error messages from
> PostgreSQL, because I need to translate them to Portuguese, thanks!
> Example:
> this is the message: "ERROR: <table> referential integrity violation -
> key referenced from <table>",
> this is what I need: "ERROR: <table> INTEGRIDADE REFERENCIAL VIOLADA

You'll need to check out the source code from CVS and look for the .po
files. These files contain the language strings for various parts of
postgresql. If you translate them to Portuguese you can then build
postgresql in your language. though i didn't notice any in the source
code, it is possible that someone has already done this, check out
http://pgsqlbr.querencialivre.rs.gov.br/ for more info.

Robert Treat