Re: PostgreSQL-9.0alpha: jade required?

From: Lou Picciano <loupicciano(at)comcast(dot)net>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Joe Conway <mail(at)joeconway(dot)com>, pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Subject: Re: PostgreSQL-9.0alpha: jade required?
Date: 2010-03-04 17:53:53
Lists: pgsql-bugs

May I add 2 cents?

While I'd agree a 'make all' should, uh... make _all_, and that make building based on lots of guessing is counterintuitive,
an option to configure like:

./configure --no-docs or
./configure --with-htmldocs-only

- with some of the obvious variants - might be very useful. Especially if docs are available elsewhere, and for those of us who may not have the inclination to retain/host all docs for all packages we build, or may prefer a specific format anyway, and who are really looking for the core software in any case...

Lou Picciano