Re: Version 7.4

From: Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>
To: Paul Tilles <Paul(dot)Tilles(at)noaa(dot)gov>
Cc: pgsql-interfaces(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Version 7.4
Date: 2003-07-17 22:07:35
Lists: pgsql-interfaces

On Thu, 2003-07-17 at 15:41, Paul Tilles wrote:
> Can anyone offer an update on the status of Version 7.4? When is it
> expected to be finished with Beta testing? Also, is it known which
> versions of RedHat Linux it can be used with?

7.4 is currently in feature freeze with beta planned to start on July
21st. I'm playing with the idea that beta will be done around September
1st (that date is mostly based on a date which elicits an equal amount
of folks thinking it is too soon and too far away :-). As far as Red Hat
goes, I'd expect it to work on any version going back to 6.x series, but
if you want it on a specific version your best bet is to grab a beta
package (either the tarball or a source rpm), test it out, and then send
in a report.

BTW, if noaa uses postgresql and there willing to talk about it, several
folks on the advocacy team would be interested in talking with you.

Robert Treat