Re: [HACKERS] PlPython

From: Hannu Krosing <hannu(at)tm(dot)ee>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Kevin Jacobs <jacobs(at)penguin(dot)theopalgroup(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org, pgsql-general(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] PlPython
Date: 2003-06-29 19:18:45
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

Tom Lane kirjutas E, 23.06.2003 kell 01:29:
> Kevin Jacobs <jacobs(at)penguin(dot)theopalgroup(dot)com> writes:
> > Attached is a patch that removes all of the RExec code from plpython from
> > the current PostgreSQL CVS. In addition, plpython needs to be changed to an
> > untrusted language in createlang.
>
> I am inclined to rename plpython to plpythonu, by analogy to pltclu.

> Comments?

could we not just make sure that plpython uses python ver < 2.x and use
plpythonu for python versions >= 2.x until a secure regex solution comes
from Guido and folks ?

I guess most plpython users would be much happier with plpython with
some minor limitations due to older version than with being forced to
use an untrusted pl altogether.

IIRC python 1.5.2 has a perfectly good RExec.

Or is there a requirement that only latest language versions are used in
pg 74 ;)

Hannu