Fwd: Re: Lotus Domino and PostgreSql in Linux

From: Network Administrator <netadmin(at)vcsn(dot)com>
To: Pgsql-General <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Fwd: Re: Lotus Domino and PostgreSql in Linux
Date: 2003-06-24 14:38:51
Lists: pgsql-general

I'm working on pgSQL integration with Domino6 (DECS, LCLSX) (there will be
documentation in the coming weeks).

I have a question a couple of questions for you:

1) Are you using Domino 6 or 5.x
2) In your DSN setup on (NT?) do you have the valid
account information to connect to Pg?
3) If you are running agent are you sure you have the security
structure that will permit that? For instance, in Domino 6
DECS (unlike DCR's) require admin priviledge to set up (which
probably in not the same as the designer privs). In addition,
there is an option you set for the database to allow external
connection. Once that is done you have to make sure any agents
running against this database have the appropriate privs as
well

Hope this help a bit. I'm on the same journey too :)

Quoting Kallol Nandi <kallol(dot)nandi(at)indussoft(dot)com>:

> I am running an agent in the domino server that connects to a database in
> Postgresql through odbc dsn.Both are installed in the same Linux box.
> I am getting an error "Error Creating product object" at the line
> Set con = New ODBCConnection
>
> Here is the code :
>
> Option Public
> Uselsx "*LSXODBC"
>
> Sub Initialize
>
> Dim con As ODBCConnection
> Dim qry As ODBCQuery
> Dim result As ODBCResultSet
> Dim id As Integer
> Dim nam As String,job As String
>
> Am getting Error here
> Set con = New ODBCConnection
> Set qry = New ODBCQuery
> Set result = New ODBCResultSet
> Set qry.Connection = con
> Set result.Query = qry
>
> status = con.ConnectTo("debug")
> qry.SQL = "select * from testtable"
> result.Execute
> Do
> result.NextRow
> id = result.GetValue("a", id)
> nam = result.GetValue("b", nam)
> Loop Until result.IsEndOfData
> result.Close(DB_CLOSE)
> con.Disconnect
> End Sub
>

> I guess it is an error related to Domino.
> But not sure..... may be related to the ODBC driver also.
> Is there any way to solve it?
>
> Regards,
> Kallol.

This email account is being host by: